Finding Your Best Friends

My first year of college was rough, to say the least. I didn’t make many friends for the longest time and my grades struggled a lot. That said, sometime during my second semester, I was introduced to the girls who would quickly become my best friends. I met Mikaila during choir first semester, so when she was looking for a third roommate, I quickly jumped at the opportunity.

The day we looked at the house (and signed the lease), I was introduced to Claire, my other roommate. I knew Macey already from having a class together, but we weren’t really friends. Shortly after signing the lease, the girls invited me to hang out with them, and it was like an immediate friendship was build. After that, I was introduced to Ellen and Sarah. Never did I imagine that these girls would eventually become my best friends.

Looking back on the time before I knew the girls, I can’t even imagine how I went on without having them in my life. Today, I live with Mikaila and Claire. I spend every single day with them. I see Macey all the time, and I talk to Sarah and Ellen regularly. I went from being debilitatingly depressed and lonely to being surrounded by some of my favorite people at every moment.

This semester is definitely extremely busy and stressful for me what with being a full time student and working three jobs, but knowing that I have these girls to lean on when times are tough is so comforting for me.

Somehow, the universe knew that I needed these girls to walk into my life when they did, and I can’t be more thankful that I now have the best friends I could ever ask for.

Comments

Popular Posts